Little Moments

Sometimes it’s the small things, the seemingly insignificant acts, totally random and unplanned that make for the the most lasting of memories.

Little Moments
I never assisted the sun materially in his rising...

I mentioned that the flu has paid our home a little visit. Now while I love house guests and appreciate the thought, it’s definitely overstayed it’s welcome. Zander sounds the worst, his little cough almost croup-like. So this morning I pulled a page from way back in my nursing days.

We bundled up and took to the crisp morning air to watch the sunrise. The cool, moist air does wonders to open croupy breathing passages. Zoë and Zane had already left for school and Zia and Zella were trying to catch a few more minutes of sleep. Zander and I were left the perfect opportunity to just relax and share a moment.

Little Moments
But, doubt not, it was of the last importance only to be present at it. Thoreau

And now I have a greater appreciation for the day.

10 comments for “Little Moments

1. Nov 12, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Nice post Ed. Been a bad blogger friend as this is my first visit to the new site. Love the look and feel.

Going now to put you in my reader.

• Ed
      Nov 13, 2009 at 8:01 am

No worries. I’ve spent more time skimming the reader instead of actually visiting myself lately.

2. Nov 14, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Ok, here’s my list of excuses for not showing up here until now:
    1. I haven’t looked at any unread entries in about 2 weeks
    2. I don’t handle change well
    3. I was always pronouncing Lamaze wrong in my head and I was embarrassed to show my face here
    4. I fell asleep
    5. I don’t really have a good excuse but I’m hoping this list will distract you enough so you don’t notice

• Ed
      Nov 15, 2009 at 8:01 pm

What!!! You weren’t here? Well, I know now!!

(No worries–I’ve been skimming the reader as it were of late. Trying to get back in a groove.)

3. PG
    Nov 15, 2009 at 2:17 am

good stuff. the flu or some relation of such has been hanging around here a bit too long as well. rude.

hope everybody is on the fast track to full recovery.

solid post.
    .-= PG´s last blog ..Everybody’s Been Just A Bit Off (286/365 v2.0) =-.

• Ed
      Nov 15, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I think everyone’s better–except me. I’ve got a lingering cough. Oh, well. What do you do?

4. Nov 15, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I really like the way his orange jacket and the orange leaves pop in those pictures. I sure do wish I could enjoy a sunrise every now and then. I usually do “enjoy” them…in rush hour traffic on 270. 😀
    .-= Jared´s last blog ..Freeing Up Some Space… =-.

• Ed
      Nov 16, 2009 at 9:54 am

I couldn’t handle it! I hate going to Columbus simply because of the traffic.

5. Nov 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Great picture! I hope everyone’s feeling better.
    .-= Darren´s last blog ..Stop the Madness or Happy Birthday, Clare =-.

• Ed
      Nov 16, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Well on our way to mended.

Comments are closed.