Somewhere Ages….

To roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I —-

I bent down to tie my shoe and lost my balance.  I grabbed for a branch to no avail and fell headlong into the fucking stream.  Now I’m soaking wet, bruised, and so far from either path that even if I did find my way back I wouldn’t know which way to turn once I got there.

The delusions of control, the fuzzy feelings way deep down that let me rest peacefully each night are slowly eroding away.  My life as a Rockwell painting is becoming a Dali.  Or a Pollack.   Maybe it’s the onset of spring, the final push toward the promise of summer.  Patience is an ideal and my children live in the I want it now.  They grow restless with anticipation, weary of the toils of an unusually long school year, and by restless I mean annoying.

They are at each other constantly.  Yelling, hitting, pushing, fighting, arguing.  Crying, whining, pouting, sulking.  And by constantly I mean IT NEVER STOPS!!!  Their behavior is bad.

It’s worse than bad.  It’s reprehensible.  Hell, I don’t even know what reprehensible really means but it sounds a lot worse than bad, so that’s what their behavior has been.  REPREHENSIBLE!!

Or maybe they’re just tired.  It could be that they just haven’t adjusted to the fact that the sun is still up when they are supposed to be going down for the night.  I’m tired, too but I’m not afforded the luxury of that excuse.  My lot is have to.

And so I will.

But I’m going to need a lot more motrin…..

And maybe Vodka!

9 comments for “Somewhere Ages….

1. Apr 19, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Take it from me, the vodka is not really a good habit to get into 😉
    Maybe it’s spring fever?

I recommend corporal punishment, that ought to do it!
    .-= Kami´s last blog ..The Corruption of a Sweet Little Girl =-.

• Ed
      Apr 20, 2010 at 5:21 am

My kids are indifferent to punishment. Any form! I’m just going to have to sell them.

2. amy
    Apr 19, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Oh good, it’s not just my kids then. I personally go with the rum though. Or wine. Depends on how annoying they have been.
    .-= amy´s last blog ..Why I’m needing a little Vince Vaughn in my life =-.

• Ed
      Apr 20, 2010 at 5:21 am

They’ve been rum AND wine annoying!

3. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

“When things are blackest, I just tell myself ‘cheer up, things could get worse!’ And sure enough, they get worse!”…..The Great Skeeve

I hate it when they’re at each other’s throats constantly. I hate the “who sits where” wars, the “stop touching me” wars, the “he said it first” wars, etc. They are, however, a fact of life for any family with more than 1 kid (let alone 5 … or 9).

Deep breathing helps, as does having a punching bag (one from a store … no volunteering kids here, Ed) or a blog to take out your frustrations on.

Good luck. You’re in my thoughts and prayers around here. Especially because I’m a scotch or tequila man myself … not much on the vodka 😉
    .-= goofdad´s last blog ..TGIF =-.

• Ed
      Apr 20, 2010 at 5:22 am

Skeeve was very wise. Thanks for the thoughts, man.

4. Apr 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I would be loading up on the Costco Motrin by the truckload if I had 5 kids Ed. But I would replace the Vodka with frosty cold beers.

• Apr 21, 2010 at 4:12 pm

LOL! I relax on weekends when my kids dissappear and I only have 5 kids … I guess it’s all a matter of perspective, right?
      .-= goofdad´s last blog ..Snuggling with your kids … =-.

• Ed
      Apr 22, 2010 at 6:59 pm

It has been my experience that the vodka works faster.

Comments are closed.